Sunday 21 December 2008

Sunday, A Treasured Day

Today I had a lie in with Mom. I love this day because this is the day I get to spent all day with Mom. I use to spend it with Mom and Dad. So sometimes I feel sad, because we don't spend it together any more.

The first thing we do is lie on her bed for a long time. Mom gives me lots of strokes and then we get up and have breakfast. I always have toast but on this day Mom sometimes gives me meat. It's red and crispy and very tasty. But today we went to the slopes and had breakfast after my big walk. It was fun. I ran out in to the sea and back in again and again. I did lots of back-flips and ran through the long grass. I played with some little people too and then after we went to the beach cafe. I'm allowed to go in and sit down next to Mom while she eats her breakfast. The lady there gives me a hot sausage, every time I go there. She's very nice to me and gives me strokes and calls me by my name. Today I met another puppy, a black lasbrador and he licked my face. I like puppies but I don't like big dogs.

Later mom's friend Naomi came to see us and she took me for another walk on the way home. She threw the ball for me lots of times. Mom was happy today. Some days Mom is not happy. Sometimes she is sad and she cries. When she does that, I lick her tears and try to make it all better. It makes her smile at me and she gets up and does things at home. She cries less and less now.

When we got home today Mom went away and I went to sleep until she came home again. When she came in, she had some bags. I always sniff the bags because sometimes she will bring me a treat and a new ball. Today she bought me a new football and we went to the park to play with it. There, I met some little people and they played football with me. They know my name and I remember them from last time. They like playing football with me. Today I hit the ball in the air again with my head and they tried to tackle me with the ball. I ran around with them and they laughed a lot. I love playing football with them. I was very tired afterwards and Mom had to take me home for some water. When I got home I drank lots and lots and had to lie down for a while. Mom laughed at me and stroked me to calm me down as I was still very excited.

Afterwards I had my dinner and then I went to sleep. Mom fell asleep too.

I love this day.

No comments: