Tuesday 16 December 2008

The First Year: continued

I am tired and cold today. Mom took me to the slopes again. It was fun. I chased the ball up and down the hill. Mom cheated though, she used a strange object, it's long and red and the ball sits in the end of it. Mom uses it because she's not able to throw the ball far enough for me. I got bored, running after the ball but then I saw two people and ran over to them and dropped the ball in front of them. Ha, they had no choice but to throw it. Mom called me back a few times but I ignored her. She gets angry, when I do that. The man threw the ball for me a couple of times but he was a bit of a wuzz. Got tired fast. I went back to Mom and she made me sit and told me off. I pretended I was sorry.
She took me to the the long grass patch further up the slopes. I love it there. It's where I play my favourite game. Mom pretends to throw a pebble and I chase after it and come back again for another one. She does this until her arm nearly falls off. She tells me it's the only way to tire me out. Sometimes I run right down the slope and crash into the sea and have a swim. It's very cold but I don't care.
I met two new dogs today. Another Collie and a Dashhound. Didn't like the look of the dash. Not very attractive. Not crazy about other dogs, prefer little people. But I had a sniff anyway. Mom said that one of the dogs is a rescue dog and was treated badly once. Mom said I was a very lucky dog, that I had a good home and a good mom and that not every dog gets a good home. Mom says, 'a dog is not just for Christmas, a dog is for life'. That means I get to stay with Mom forever.
When Mom gets tired I go do back-flips on the beach. One of my favourite games. Football is my all time favourite. She throws a pebble up in the air, and I do a back-flip to try and catch it. Mom loves me doing that. I jump high in the air like an acrobat. Mom tells everyone I'm talented.
After a while she went back to the ball thrower though. I knew then it was nearly time to go. So I ran after the ball but dropped it half way back up the hill and made Mom come down and get it. She was not happy. Then before she got to it, I ran over and picked it up and ran down to the sea, had a swim and dropped it in the water. Mom got really angry. She said, 'there goes another ball floating out into the sea. The sea is full of lizzie's balls.
Mom put me on the lead and took me home and I was grounded with no treats!
Can't wait for tomorrow. Mom calls it Ground Hog Day. I don't know what she means.

No comments: