Tuesday 9 December 2008

My name is lizzie. I am a doggy and I was born in October 2005 in Portsmouth to a family of Border Collie's. My real Mom, well my dog mom, had short hair, is a collie crossed with a whippet i think- so my human Mom keeps telling me and everyone else she meets. The first time I ever met my Mom was at Christmas time. She came and saw me with all my other brothers and sisters and picked me. She said she like my lines. I am black and white, but I have a white fluffy chest and snout and a white line that goes up my nose to almost bewteen my eyes. My eyes are deep brown and I'm told they are characterful and expressive. I love my Mom and Dad. When I first got to my new home Mom had a new bed for me and new toys. My bed is blue and white and flowery and Mom says it's from Kath Kidson. Who that is now, I couldn't tell you. My favourite toy is the burger that squeeks. I love the burger, it even looks like a burger and when I play with it I squeek alot. When Mom comes in from work sometimes I tell her my news with the burger. If I'm very happy I squeek it alot. If I'm under the weather I squeek it a little.


When I first came to my new home which is by the seaside in a place called Whitstable, in Kent it was very exciting. I couldn't go out for a few weeks because I had to wait till I had all my jabs. I also had to be toilet trained. Mom was rubbish at it but Dad, well.....? It was very hard work for my Dad. Any time I'd wee in the house he would rub my nose in my own wee, weirdo, and then put me outside in the shivering cold. Mom was always the one to let me back in. And Dad well he never looked impressed. One time I lost control and went a wee wee on the rug in the front room. I was scared so I ran behind the sofa so Dad couldn't get me. He would try for ages, but could never catch me. Eventually he would laugh alot and tell me to stop playing games with him. But isn't that what I'm here for? I would think to myself. I got my nose dipped into my own wee quite often until I learned to wee outside. I got so sick of it that in the end I went to the door and asked to go outside to wee. Then I would get a treat when I came back inside. Cool!


Once I got settled in, I started to love Whitstable and my new Mom and Dad. Mom took me out early every morning up to the slopes. She said it was the best place for me because I had so much energy. She still says that now and that she can never tire me out and she still takes me to the slopes even now, my favourite place in the whole world.


No comments: