Tuesday 3 February 2009

The Snow


Hello,

I was put on the naughty step today. The naughty step is my bed in the kitchen and I'm usually grounded for a few hours. I'm not allowed to roam around the house or sit on the sofa. Mom is angry with me. This morning when I woke I went into Moms room and poked my nose in behind the blind to look out the window. And I saw a CAT on the roof, opposite our house and just went mental, barking and loosing it around the room. Mom jumped up with the shock of it. You see, mom was still asleep and she jumped with the fright, bumped her ahead on the shelf above the bed and knocked a glass of water over onto the floor. She got such a fright that she shouted at me to go out of the room. 'OUT' she said. I've never really got used to the 'NO' command, so I just stood there looking at her thinking, 'Weirdo, what did I do wrong now'. Don't get me wrong, Mom rarely gets angry with me but wow, when she does! I sheepishly left the room until she calmed down. I went downstairs and sat on the sofa by the window. Some little people went by playing with a white ball. It was snowing and there were white balls flying everywhere. I got very excited again. I love the snow and playing with the little people in it. I ran upstairs to Mom, tried my chances at getting back in the room, and gave her that look she loves. Mom calls it, 'the puppy dog look'. Mom was snoozing, so I got up on her bed and licked her face a lot. She woke again and this time laughed. Phew! I got down, went over to the window and tried to tell Mom about the snow. She got up and followed me to the window and pulled the blind up. She smiled and patted me on the head, then went down stairs. Unlike me, Mom can't go out without her breakfast and as a result I follow her everywhere until she takes me out. She tells me to sit and eat, but I'm just too excited to do either. Eventually she says ' You can follow me as much as you like Barkham, we're not going out until I'm good and ready'. This morning I was too excited to sit. All I could think was, 'Hurry up' and that if she was a dog like me, she'd be too laid-back to hang out with and useless at football.
Finally, we got out of the house, but not before Mom had to go back. That's another thing, she always has to go back for something. I waited at the door, had a sniff and then off we went to the park. The park was covered in snow and there were lots of little people playing. I, excitedly ran over to a group of them. They threw some white balls for me for a long time. I ran after all of them, still trying to figure out why the white balls disappeared when I reached them. But after a while I stopped caring. It was a fun game. The little people laughed a lot.
I was so excited I ran around the park playing with everybody and just ignored everything Mom said. She wasn't too happy again. I knew I'd get the naughty step but I couldn't help myself. Mom kept saying 'Lizzie, come here'. I could hear her no problem, but I just couldn't help myself. There was so much fun to be had. I was playing with all the little people. After a long time, Mom began chasing me around the park in the snow, but she couldn't keep up. And I knew I was in trouble, so I just kept running. Eventually one of the little people tricked me, teasing me with a stick and caught me. I could see Mom coming towards me, her angry face. I was a bit scared, put my tail between my legs and sat before she even said the word. She came over, put me on the lead and marched me out of the park, home. She mumbled stuff to me all the way home.
When we got in I was told to go to bed! MOMS! That's it now, no football for a week.

2 comments:

Marilyn Simpson said...

Sounds like Lizzie had a fun day chasing snowballs and being naughty! Poor MOM.

I think Lizzie's take on things is very funny.

I like the photos. She's a lovely dog.

Throg Niemand said...

"Barkham" - love it.

Lots of angry in this one. Just as well Lizzie is forgiving.